[TS4] A Little Piece of England
[Image: aU1fgXn.jpg]

After an act of stupidity on my part, I lost the old save file for my last BACC of the same name. So I decided not to be beaten and have started a new one. I'm taking lots of pictures of this one and as a result, the updates will probably average around 20 pictures per update. So instead of clogging up the forum here, I'll post a link each time to the Wordpress blog I've created and will post random pictures from the update here.

A Little Piece of England

Round 1 ~ Harrington
We kick off the first round with the Harrington household. Read the full update here.

[Image: UcDJPLW.jpg]
Having won a most excellent game of Monopoly, I set off for home in the glorious afternoon sunshine. Indeed, it was a most beautiful day and a light snow began to fall as I strolled home, feeling rather accomplished. After all, this is something my father never said I could ever accomplish. I would be most amused to see his face if he could see me and my companions now. They all said we'd never survive these conditions but look at me now! Was there ever such a most excellent afternoon?

[Image: nSVKSpA.jpg]

I discovered a frightfully good little pastime for the evenings, when it is a little darker. Emily introduced me to the delights of yoga and I must say I'm rather partial to it. It not only keeps me warm in front of the fire during the cold evenings but it will keep me fit and healthy. Since I am rather averse to running, lifting weights and any other such exercise, this is perfection.

[Image: e6ja8DN.jpg]

My first instinct, as an honourable gentleman and a Duke, is to seek out Francis and speak with him about the possibility of my marrying his sister. However when I arrive at the Stilton house, only the lovely Alexandra is home. She and I have a variety of lovely discussions about Beckwell, our hopes for its future and the ridiculousness of my family. She is a wonderful listener and somehow, I just can't help myself around her.

[Image: Lwjlboa.jpg]

After such a night of passion, there is only one thing to do. I wish I could have asked her brother's permission but I'm afraid I cannot wait that long. I am about to go against all my principles, my beliefs and my upbringing and ask the beautiful Alexandra to be my lawful wedded wife.

[Image: 3GgkTtR.jpg]

[Image: 2r92E8k.jpg]

"I, George Harrington, Duke of Beckwell, take you, Alexandra Stilton, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honour you all the days of my life.”

[Image: Dnh3rgQ.jpg]

After the wedding, Alexandra and I enjoyed some quiet time away from the house, listening to the sound of the fountain behind us and marvelling in the beauty of the night.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for celebrating the marriage between myself and Alexandra, the new Duchess of Beckwell.

[Image: yp1VyG3.jpg]

As we have no money or transportation for a honeymoon, Alexandra suggested we makeover the bedroom a little and design a more conducive atmosphere. She rounded it off with one of her own paintings. Rather fitting, don't you think? She's such a talented artist. She's going to set up her own foundation, the Arti Aestimationis Foundation, designed to help struggling artists. Now that's the sort of work I expect from a Duchess. This will be perfection.

This is a masterpiece. I lost it at "Having won a most excellent game of Monopoly"...omg you have to keep this one up Rofl

[Image: tumblr_pcpbds1Xmz1r4c5dxo1_400.jpg]
Thanks, Alex! I really hope to, I'm enjoying it so much.  Heart 

Round 1 ~ Stanton

This is only the highlights of the Stanton week, since it was a big update. Read the full story HERE.

[Image: 2QYNuJ8.jpg]

William's POV
Grilled fruit? Before this venture, I had never once considered grilling fruit. Well, one wouldn't, would one? Fruit is meant to tastefully decorate a table, having been artfully arranged by a person with taste. It is for consumption, part of a delightful dessert to an exquisite dinner to which the sort of person who would actually entertain the idea of grilling fruit would not be invited.
My opinion on this matter is somewhat more positive than my dear Emily's. Having been raised in quite the household, she's not accustomed to these sorts of inconveniences.
That aside, this venture is a rather daring one, by any standards. To be completely fair, I did wholeheartedly agree with George when he suggested this scheme. After all, my own father made it more than clear that I was not welcome in the family, having gone to Cambridge instead of Oxford, like my forefathers. Stuffy lot.

[Image: a5HRqcg.jpg]

Emily's POV
If my mother had ever told me I would one day be washing my clothes by hand and hanging them on a washing line in my own back garden, I would have delicately laughed and pretended not to have heard her. This would be so vulgar, in her eyes. The end of the world, as it were.

Whilst I am not entirely enamoured with my change of circumstances, I could not, in good conscience, stay in London with my parents' attitude dripping down her expensive (if faded) damask walls.

[Image: bxEHzSw.jpg]

Of course, I recently had some fabulous news for William. The house of Stanton will continue for another generation and neither I nor William can contain our excitement. Of course, we will need to decorate a darling little nursery but as I have taken up my old hobby of photography again, I'm certain we shall do quite nicely.

[Image: T8AByj8.jpg]

William's POV
I remember my childhood nanny talking about the importance of reading to young children and I don't think you could start too early. Emily can't quite understand why I need to read to our unborn baby but to me, it is of the greatest importance. I want this child to understand the fundamentals of life at the earliest possible age.

[Image: THj6Ra6.jpg]

Towards the latter stages of her pregnancy, Emily became more and more uncomfortable. I admit to being something of a secret expert at massages and soothed away the aches, pains, stresses and strains of her condition. Particularly as I feel more than a little responsible but equally helpless. She accomplishes so much every day she carries her precious cargo and I feel so...useless because there's very little I can do for her.

[Image: PgckjBZ.jpg]

[Image: oiWL9nH.jpg]

Emily's POV
She's arrived! She's perfect. Our beautiful baby girl, Soley Stanton, arrived early this morning. This precious, tiny bundle is so beautiful. My mother never told me how strongly I would love my baby when the time came. She never prepared me for this. I am lost for words.

[Image: 8qRvdpU.jpg]

In spite of his early concerns, William has turned into a super father. He talks to Soley all the time, just as he insisted he would. He's so very proud of his little daughter. If only his own father could see him now, leaning over the cot and talking to her as she drinks in her surroundings. If his father were here now, I can only hope he'd change his opinion of William.

[Image: OIjhOEr.jpg]

William's POV
My spontaneity has inspired me to try my hand at writing some day. My new passion for reading has expanded to Emily's romance novels. I find them heart-warming and so very different from the relationship my own parents had. They're a delight to read and I find myself ever more inspired to begin my own creative journey through the art of the written word.

[Image: v3GBGrI.jpg]

Emily's POV
In the midst of the raging thunder, Claudia arrived on the doorstep, to meet Soley. So far, nobody had met my baby yet. I don't quite feel ready to show her off to everybody. I've turned George down twice in the past few days but being such a wonderful friend, he has understood completely. So Claudia's arrival on our doorstep isn't quite what I was expecting, nor welcoming. However, being the ever gracious hostess, I allow her inside.

[Image: upFixlN.jpg]

"Are you going to buy Trafalgar Square or not?"
"I'm thinking, darling. Don't rush me."

Topic Options