Author Topic: [All] July 18 - What are you doing with your game?  (Read 88 times)

Offline Hellfrozeover

• Bronie Puncher
  • Administrator
  • Young Adult
  • Rah!
    • Ice-Cream for Breakfast
[All] July 18 - What are you doing with your game?
« on: July 01, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »
Well I'm currently in TS4 (as seems to always be the case right now) playing with the Smyths. I might also go into TS3 to finish furnishing a house for Heaven's world though and also the PP world.

Offline WebbyMom

• Regular -
  • Toddler
    • The Tangled Webby
Re: [All] July 18 - What are you doing with your game?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 11:56:37 AM »
I've been testing options for the TS4 version of my Land Lubber's challenge of late. The idea is to live only off the land for an entire sim year (28 days). No dying, must pay all bills, and must replace anything that fire or lightning destroys along the way. I created this way back in TS2 days and wanted a TS4 version. It's been fun - but not as challenging as I'd hoped.   :grin: Trust me, if you have a thunderstorm (or three) and don't have anything but a tent to run to, it gets a bit tense for The Controller!  :laughing:

On the other hand, it's totally do-able. More than that, it's pretty much easily do-able. Other than the possibility of lightning killing your sim, which will happen in spring and/or summer for the most part, everything else is pretty managable. At this point, I'm going to have to enact some tougher challenge rules to determine if one can actually "win" or not. LOL

Soooo... two sims and two years living with the elements in, I am going to have to star a new challenge lot in a new world and see if I can toughen the rules up!

Offline spoonsthings

• Master of Tutorial
  • Global Moderator
  • Child
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 07:44:49 PM »
I haven't opened up TS3 in ages!

TS4 is so engaging and pretty that I have a hard time leaving it now, despite it feeling a bit stiflingly small at times. But I do miss the whole experience of playing an open world and exploring its nooks and crannies, and I've also committed to finishing the Cottonwood Hills project at least, so I imagine I will go back to TS3 at least intermittently. I really should start work on the house I said I was going to do for the world, though I haven't even decided which lot I will build on yet, so I should probably decide that first.

As for TS4, I'm currently starting a new save after the newest patch borked my most recent one. I'm still in the middle of placing lots, and especially in Oasis Springs it's taking a really long time, just because I can't stop staring at the neighborhoods. Granted, it's only after placing custom-built lots, but once I've done that, it's spooky how identical Oasis Springs looks to Arizona.
My downloads at ModTheSims

Offline Tito

• Jaime's Real Father
  • Administrator
  • Young Adult
  • Eternal happieness is rhubarb tard.
    • Titosims on tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 10:28:38 AM »
After finally getting my new PC, I did install TS4, redid my mods and then didn't have any energy left, to actually install TS3 aswell and make it run and all, so that is something I've yet to do.
TS4 is super fun though. I am really enjoying my little family, consisting of Joe and Rocia, their little daughter Poppy and their cat Cooper. Joe is an aspiring archaeologist, who fell in love with a Selvadoranian beauty, married her in a chaotic-ass-ceremony in the middle of the night, and had a daughter with her.

If you want to read more of them, you can do so at my TS4 gameplay tumblr.)
on tumblr:
TS2 :bear:TS3 (main)  :bear: TS4

Offline Hellfrozeover

• Bronie Puncher
  • Administrator
  • Young Adult
  • Rah!
    • Ice-Cream for Breakfast
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 06:48:29 PM »
I love Joe and Roccia  :love:

I love and miss TS4 and its open world, but TS4 is just so playable and I love how stylised and pretty it is. I really need to go back to TS3 soon for a bit or I may never go back  :crying: