Author Topic: April 18 - What are you doing with your game?  (Read 413 times)

Offline Hellfrozeover

• Bronie Puncher
  • Administrator
  • Young Adult
  • Rah!
    • Ice-Cream for Breakfast
April 18 - What are you doing with your game?
« on: April 16, 2018, 04:33:20 PM »
So apparently it's April and I didn't notice  :laughing:

I'm still battling my Enekjaer save and going back and forth between 3 and 4 (with a little bit of 2 now)  :smile:

Offline Hellfrozeover

• Bronie Puncher
  • Administrator
  • Young Adult
  • Rah!
Re: April 18 - What are you doing with your game?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 04:35:24 PM »
Webby's last post in the February post  :smile: just so we can continue on in the April one.

I have re-installed TS3 on my computer.  It's true! And here are the things I noticed right away:

1) It takes waaay too long to re-decorate a house or re-style a sim when you have a framming colour wheel and all the patterns in the world to choose from  :grin:
2) I no longer like the thin, spiky look of TS3 hair.  :laughing:
3) I'd forgotten all the annoying things that happen, like the mail person not being able to deliver the mail because a newspaper is lying in front of the mail box, all the stuff that happens when you first move a family in (weather stone, transporter, llama idiot), the ice cream truck creeper dude hanging out just down the block...  :scared:

As a result of point #1 above, I have only played for just over a day with my family. After such a long time away and in TS4, everything is weird-but-familiar, from the sound effects to the UI to the animations. LOL!

Offline Margot

• Top Genealogist
  • Regular +
  • Teenager
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 06:18:18 PM »
all the stuff that happens when you first move a family in (weather stone, transporter, llama idiot)

Aaaah that's so true...
The « Genuine Frenchwoman » (I’m not the one who said that, but it sounds good) who lives in England.
So, God saves the bears.🐻

Offline Margot

• Top Genealogist
  • Regular +
  • Teenager
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 01:27:38 PM »
I am currently doing a spring cleaning on my computer (cleaning folders, deleting those I have twice, cleaning my external drive and doing backup...).

I found very old sims folders that I had backup from my previous computer. I didn't even knew the existence of mods at that time.
I am currently loading one of this very old save, I was super excited, but once I had seen the save menu and the picture of that family I had play through several generations, I started to feel super emotional.
The « Genuine Frenchwoman » (I’m not the one who said that, but it sounds good) who lives in England.

Offline Hellfrozeover

• Bronie Puncher
  • Administrator
  • Young Adult
  • Rah!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 06:35:43 PM »
I'm playing TS4 because I'm putting off spring cleaning TS3  :laughing:

Offline Norn

• Globetrotting Travel Writer
  • Regular +
  • Teenager
  • Nothing to read here.
    • Pretty pictures
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 07:09:36 PM »
all the stuff that happens when you first move a family in (weather stone, transporter, llama idiot)

For this I have "no camera move" mods. The stuff still happens but at least it doesn't interrupt whatever you are doing at the moment.
No Mascot Camera Zoom : http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=590518
No Time Portal Camera Zoom: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=590519

Spring Cleaning? Never heard of that. I hope it's not contagious  :grin:

I'm testing the Moonrise Kingdom Lighting mod for the pp  world. I have to say, I like the sunsets :)

The daytime sky tho'....

Offline Margot

• Top Genealogist
  • Regular +
  • Teenager
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 08:29:50 PM »
It's gorgeous Norn ! What a beautiful light !

Offline Sita

• Regular +
  • Toddler
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 04:28:55 PM »
Norn, that is beautiful!

I've been mostly in Sims 2 lately, but Manu's Bourgeneuf has inspired me to get back into S3, and I'm enjoying it.

Offline Tito

• Jaime's Real Father
  • Administrator
  • Young Adult
  • Eternal happieness is rhubarb tard.
    • Titosims on tumblr
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »
oh, norn, that is beaaaaaautiful!!!
on tumblr:
TS2 :bear:TS3 (main)  :bear: TS4

Offline KittyTheSnowCat

• Mod Maven
  • Regular +
  • Child
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 09:50:35 PM »
@ We Vanilla Sims 3 is weird. Don't play Sims 3 without Mods, that is where it shines. When it comes to comparing vanilla games in my opinion Sims 2 > Sims 4 > Sims 3. But with Mods Sims 3 is the best

@ Norn Reeeeeaaaallly beautiful. Wow

I have been Script-Modding today. I added a new Metric type that adds points from different skills together.. Now I try to come up with reasons why I still can't write those XMLs for my school system because I hate writing XMLs so much^^

Offline Hellfrozeover

• Bronie Puncher
  • Administrator
  • Young Adult
  • Rah!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 09:55:12 AM »
That lighting is perfect  :love:

Offline spoonsthings

• Master of Tutorial
  • Global Moderator
  • Child
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 10:37:03 AM »
The newest Windows patch broke my folder setup so I can only play a minimal-CC anything, and that unfortunately rules out about 99% of what I like to do in TS3. So it's TS4 for me, for the time being.

I am liking TS4 a lot better than I imagined. I'm not feeling the lack of CASt nearly as badly as I thought I would, and I actually like that you can't really control the pets, that does indeed make the gameplay feel more realistic and exciting. Genuinely playable careers are nice (though there really should have been more of them) and the toddlers and animals are just so much better. Sim-sim interactions are maybe not up to the standard of TS2 (I wouldn't know, I never got to play with TS2 much), but they are definitely better than in S3. I think this is true even if you are comparing base-game TS4 to modded TS3.

My main beef with TS4 is the worlds (and, to a lesser extent, the pre-built lots). They are tiny, pitiably limited, and have every drawback that was present with EA-made worlds in TS3 and then some. Being able to roam the entire world and not have to stay bound to specific lots (community or no) was what made me fall in love with TS3, and playing in custom worlds was really what saved it for me when I was beginning to grow tired of it. Playing TS4 feels like being ready to have the best football game in the world (normal football, not American football) with the best of every kind of equipment, your dream team at the ready... but you have to play the game on a basketball court, and THAT's the non-negotiable part.

Well, there's my TS3-vs-TS4 opinion that no one asked for. I promise to keep my mouth shut on the topic from now on, lol.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 03:20:16 AM by spoonsthings »
My downloads at ModTheSims

Offline Margot

• Top Genealogist
  • Regular +
  • Teenager
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 11:18:57 AM »
I like having an opinion about that Spoons, because I'm not playing TS4 yet. I am afraid of the non-open world.

Offline Acquiresimoleons

• Mother of Bears
  • Regular +
  • Child
  • Also called Raven
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2018, 12:08:01 PM »

Ms Riddle debates the plot of the Strawberry

I'm fiddling with adding retextures to sandy's crime board conversion so that Snow has some education appropriate versions for her school :) I thought this was a fun screenshot.
TS3 storyteller and probably a weirdo. Likes fire, bears, magic and werewolves.

Offline Sita

• Regular +
  • Toddler
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2018, 10:43:55 PM »
That board looks good. Quite appropriate really!